In addition, Schools Superintendent Jim McIntyre has canceled school due to inclement weather.
Per county policy, since schools are canceled, so too, are courts.
The regular KCS school calendar has 10 "snow days" built into it that officials can use before having to add more days to the school year.
Earlier this year, school was delayed for two hours because of weather, but the delay doesn't affect the school calendar.
Also, the Knox County Sheriff's Office on its Facebook page said authorities are responding only to life and death emergencies, so don't do anything stupid.
Here's a list of what else is shut down for tomorrow:
- Offices reporting directly to the Knox County Mayor, including Knox County Senior Centers, Libraries, Health Department, Veteran Services and Parks & Recreation.
- Office of Knox County Clerk, including all satellite offices.
- Knox County Criminal Clerk's Office and Criminal Sessions and Fourth Circuit Courts.
- Knox County Circuit Court Clerk's office, including Civil Sessions Court and Circuit Court.
- Knox County Trustee's Office, including all satellite offices.
- Knox County Elections Commission.
- Knox County Register of Deed's Office
- Knox County Property Assessor's Office
- All solid waste convenience centers