Wednesday, July 31, 2013

State doles out preservation grants

Big Bill and the Department of Environment and Conservation Commissioner Bob Martineau today announced 25 Historic Preservation Fund grants that combined for more than $600K in coin were awarded to community organizations for programs and activities that support the preservation of historic and archaeological sites, districts and structures, according to the spin release out of the governor's office.

The grants awarded come from federal funds allocated by the Department of Interior under the provisions of the National Historic Preservation Act. The programs authorized by this act are administered by the Tennessee Historical Commission. The grants pay for up to 60% of the costs of approved project work and the grant recipient must provide the remaining 40% of the costs as matching funds.

I think you can find the complete list of winners, right smack here

Locally, the Knoxville-Knox County Metropolitan Planning Commissioner received $7,500 for design guidelines for some of the city's historic districts.

The commission also received $3,500 for a one-day window workshop with Bob Yapp.


No comments: