|Photo: Getty Images|
A number of area businesses are offering free or discounted food and services to veterans to say thanks. In most cases, a military ID or proof of service may be required.
Please check out WBIR 10News throughout the day for more coverage of Veterans Day.
- Frank’s Barber Shop- Free haircut. Call ahead.
- Great Clips- Free haircut for military and veterans. Non-veterans can get a coupon to give to a veteran. Coupon is valid until the end of the year.
- Legend's Custom Cuts in Maryville- Free haircut for veterans with an ID.
- Sports Clips- Free haircuts.
- Studio Visage- Free haircuts with Studio Level stylists.
- Knoxville Veterans Day Parade- Begins at 10:45 a.m. on Gay Street honoring veterans of U.S. armed forces. We will stream the parade on WBIR.com, 10News2, and MeTV.
- Dixie Stampede Pigeon Forge- Sevier County Hospitality Associations salute America’s Heroes with a complimentary lunch on Thursday from 11:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m. Cost is $15 for members, $20 for non-members and walk-ins.
- Pigeon Forge’s 25th Annual Winterfest Kickoff- Salute to Veterans Parade begins at 4:00 p.m. on the parkway.
- Tennessee State Parks is offering one free night of camping and/or a complimentary round of golf with appropriate identification. Veterans and active military are always eligible for camping discounts in state parks.
- Applebee’s- Free meal from special menu. Beverage and gratuity not included.
- Calhoun’s- Free meal from complete menu starting at 11 a.m.
- Carrabba’s- Free appetizer of your choice.
- Chili’s- Free meal all day from select menu.
- Golden Corral- Free meal from 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- IHOP- Free red, white and blue pancakes from 7:00 a.m. -7:00 p.m.
- Little Ceasar’s Pizza- Free pizza or $5 HOT-N-READY- Lunch Combo between 11:00 a.m.- 2:00 p.m.
- LongHorn Steakhouse- Complimentary “Texas Tonion” and non-alcoholic beverage.
- Menchie’s- Free 6 oz. frozen yogurt.
- O’Charley’s- Monday only veterans receive a $9.99 regular priced meal from a select menu featuring six entrées.
- Olive Garden- Free entrée from select menu with soup and salad with proof of service and a 10 percent discount for families.
- Outback Steakhouse- Free “Bloomin’ Onion” and a non-alcoholic beverage. Also receive 15 percent off your purchase from Nov. 12- Dec. 31, 2015.
- Perkin’s Restaurant and Bakeries- Free “Magnificent Seven” meal, beverage not included.
- Red Lobster- Free appetizer and dessert from select menus. Red Robin- Free “Tavern Double” burger with “Bottomless Steak Fries” as well personally signed “Thank You” cards from the staff.
- Shoney’s- Free “All American Burger”.
- Starbucks- Free tall brewed coffee for active duty, veterans, and their spouses.
- Texas Roadhouse- Free lunch from special menu from 11:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. dine-in only.
- TGI Friday’s- Free lunch from select menu from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Twin Peaks Restaurants- Free meal from select menu